Thursday, January 8, 2009

2009 Book List...

POW!

So I totally Jacked this Idea from a friend on facebook... But that's okay, I think it's a spectacular Idea. So In 2009 I have a list of books that I want to read, And actually learn from. Aside from the fiction novels that is. There is 23 of them here but my goal is 30. I'll check them off as I go..

Series

Diary Of A Teenage Girl: My Name Is Chole by Melody Carlson*
Diary of A Teenage Girl: Sold Out by Melody Carlson*
Diary Of A Teenage Girl: Road Trip by Melody Carlson*
Diary Of A Teenage Girl: Face The Music by Melody Carlson*
Diary Of A Teenage Girl: Caitlyn by Melody Carlson
Diary Of A Teenage Girl: It's My Life by Melody Carlson
Diary Of A Teenage Girl: Who I am by Melody Carlson
Diary Of A Teenage Girl: On My Own by Melody Carlson
Diary Of A Teenage Girl: I Do by Melody Carlson

2 Die 4 by Ryan Dobson*
A Midsummernights Dream by Shakespeare
CrazyLove: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan
The Irresistable Revolution : Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne
Wired: for a life of worship by Louie Gigilo
Notes From a Spinning Planet: Ireland by Melody Carlson
Finding Alice by Melody Carlson
Crystal Lies by Melody Carlson
Not For Sale by David Batstone
Day by Elie Wiesel
East Of Eden by John Steinbeck
Macbeth by Shakespeare*
The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler (In English)

(* I Have these ones)

3 comments:

Natahsha Priya said...

I want to read 'Mein Kampf' too. After studying Hitler for about half of History 12, I'm definitely interested in the book.

You have a great list, I might steal a few and put them on mine. haha.

Russel_larson said...

yea i think it would be interesting to read the ramblings and Hitlers actual plans that no one ever belived would come true cause they didn't think he was actually that crazy....but ...he was .. lol

Anonymous said...

I love the list!! Looks exciting. You appear to be a lot into the fiction/non-fiction kinda stuff. As for me, well...I prefer fantasy, but a bit of non-fiction does one good, so long as it isn't really boring.

I'm not sure I'd be to gung-ho about "Mein Kamfp". I'm in the middle of HCOS's Gr.12 History class and it's really quite gruesome what he did to innocent people. Even what he did to his own people was perverse. :(

<><